Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing 21H1 Build 19043.1149 (KB5004296) to the Release Preview Channel for those Insiders who are on 21H1.
NOTE: Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel on 21H1 will not receive this update. We will be flighting Windows 11 Insider Preview builds to these Insiders soon!
This update includes the following change in addition to all the improvements listed as part of Build 19043.1147:
- We added a new policy that creates generic strings and removes branding-specific terms, such as “Windows” or “PC”, for IoT Enterprise editions. For example, we changed “computer” to “device”. Instead of “Getting Windows ready,” we changed that to “Getting things ready” and so on. These generic strings are displayed on a user’s screen when an update is in progress.
The Windows Insider Program Team
HP launches hybrid-ready Windows 11 PCs and its most thermally advanced gaming laptop
If you’re looking for a Windows 11 PC built for working in a hybrid environment, check out the new HP Spectre x360 13.5-inch 2-in-1 laptop. HP also launched its most thermally advanced gaming laptop ever with the OMEN 16 and debuted its first Victus 15 Laptop for emerging gamers. The HP Spectre x360 PC has…
If you’re looking for a Windows 11 PC built for working in a hybrid environment, check out the new HP Spectre x360 13.5-inch 2-in-1 laptop. HP also launched its most thermally advanced gaming laptop ever with the OMEN 16 and debuted its first Victus 15 Laptop for emerging gamers.
The HP Spectre x360 PC has the latest in audio and visual advancements, as well as a touch display that will be familiar to smartphone users. When your Windows 11 PC comes with a touchscreen, you’ll be able to take notes or sketch with an optional digital pen and use multi-finger gestures, pinch-to-zoom, double tap, and press and hold for quicker navigation – and to create and easily manipulate drawings and other content. The digital pen, touchscreen and voice typing capabilities of Windows 11 make it easier to work the way you prefer with features such as Snap Assist and multiple desktops.
When you collaborate with others or do pitches on-screen, you’ll do it with a 5MP IR intelligent camera for picture-perfect clarity . Backlight Adjustment autocorrects video images in any environment where you may be taking a call , while bi-directional AI noise reduction, directional beamforming mics and quad speakers complete a superior sound experience for your calls and chats on Microsoft Teams.
Engineered on the Intel Evo platform with up to 12th Gen Intel Core Processors , the Spectre x360 is expected to be available May 19 at HP.com for a starting price of $1,249.99. 
HP’s OMEN 16 is the latest addition to the OMEN ecosystem. This Windows 11 PC laptop runs cooler thanks to an added fourth thermal exhaust port and fifth heat pipe, as well as 5% quieter compared to its previous generation, so gamers can stay fully immersed in their favorite titles .
The newest titles come to life with up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU and the latest MAX Q technologies or AMD Ryzen RX 6650M. Clear levels faster than ever with up to an Intel Core i9-12900H series processor or AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX Mobile Processors. Avoid untimely memory bottlenecks with up to 32GB DDR5 4800 MHz and take advantage of speedy access to vital files with up to 2TB PCIe Gen4x4 SSD.
Action on the screen flows across the up to QHD 165Hz IPS panel with 3ms response time and 100% sRGB. Experience low blue light with Eyesafe display certification by TÜVRheinlan and an auto brightness sensor that work to keep eyes fresh while playing for extended periods .
The OMEN 16 is expected to be available by this summer via HP.com and at Best Buy for a starting price of $1199.99. 
If you’re new to gaming, check out the newest addition to HP’s gaming-on-the-go lineup: the Victus 15 Windows 11 laptop. Victus introduces gamers to an accessible but elevated gaming experience built with OMEN’s DNA.
As the second entry in the Victus line of laptops, the Victus 15 features three color options (mica silver, performance blue and ceramic white), all with a standard backlit keyboard printed with the distinctive font found on OMEN devices.
You can multitask between gaming, surfing, editing and more with this 15-inch display. Visuals have never moved quicker with graphics powered by up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU with 2nd generation ray tracing power or AMD Radeon RX 6500M. Gameplay options include up to an Intel Core i7-12700H processor or AMD Ryzen 7 5800H Mobile Processors along with up to 16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz memory.
Wide rear vents add a visual flair on top of enhanced thermal efficiency, bolstered by four-way airflow and a two-heat pipe design to keep things running cool during gameplay.
The Victus 15 is expected to be available by this summer via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $799.99. 
 5MP refers to the image sensor active pixels. The actual image capture pixels depend on the app and/or aspect ratio selected.
 Enabled from GlamCam in HP Command Center.
 Select skus qualify as an Intel Evo Platform. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
 Pricing and availability subject to change without notice.
 Based on HP Internal Testing in April 2022 comparison between the new OMEN 16 and 2021 OMEN 16. New OMEN 16 configuration with Intel Core i7-12700H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, 16GB RAM. 2021 OMEN 16 configuration with Intel Core i7-11800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, 16GB RAM. 2022 OMEN 16 balanced mode (CPU 35W+ GPU 80W) 40 dBA; 2021 OMEN 16 balanced mode (CPU 35W+ GPU 80W) 42 dBA.
 Eyesafe Display for Low Blue Light is the Display Compliance Test Specification quality. See https://eyesafe.com for more details.
 Pricing from HP.com, subject to change without notice. Retailer pricing may vary.
Releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.706 to the Release Preview Channel
Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.706 (KB5014019) to Insiders in the Release Preview Channel on Windows 11. This update includes the following improvements: New! We improved the Family Safety verification experience for a child account when you send a request for additional screen time. New! Windows spotlight on the desktop brings…
Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.706 (KB5014019) to Insiders in the Release Preview Channel on Windows 11.
This update includes the following improvements:
- New! We improved the Family Safety verification experience for a child account when you send a request for additional screen time.
- New! Windows spotlight on the desktop brings the world to your desktop with new, daily background pictures. With this feature, new pictures will automatically appear as your desktop background. This feature already exists for the lock screen. You can also find out more information about each background picture on the web. To turn on this feature, go to Settings > Personalization > Background > Personalize your background. Choose Windows spotlight.
- We fixed an issue that causes the Input (TextInputHost.exe) app to stop working.
- We fixed an issue in searchindexer.exe that affects the search for shapes in Microsoft Visio.
- We prevented users from bypassing forced enrollment by disconnecting from the internet when they sign in to Azure Active Directory (AAD).
- We fixed an issue that might run an AnyCPU application as a 32-bit process.
- We fixed an issue that prevents Azure Desired State Configuration (DSC) scenarios that have multiple partial configurations from working as expected.
- We fixed an issue that affects remote procedure calls (RPC) to the Win32_User or Win32_Group WMI class. The domain member that runs the RPC contacts the primary domain controller (PDC). When multiple RPCs occur simultaneously on many domain members, this might overwhelm the PDC.
- We fixed an issue that occurs when adding a trusted user, group, or computer that has a one-way trust in place. The error message, “The object selected doesn’t match the type of destination source” appears.
- We fixed an issue that fails to display the Application Counters section in the performance reports of the Performance Monitor tool.
- We fixed an issue that fails to maintain the display brightness after you change the display mode.
- We fixed an issue that might affect some apps that use d3d9.dll with certain graphics cards and might cause those apps to close unexpectedly.
- We fixed an issue that affects the IE mode window frame.
- We fixed an issue that affects Group Policy templates.
- We fixed an issue that prevents internet shortcuts from updating.
- We fixed an issue that causes some users to see a black screen when they sign in and sign out of Windows.
- We fixed an issue that causes an Input Method Editor (IME) to discard a character if you enter the character while the IME is converting previous text.
- We fixed an issue that affects the Desktop Duplication API, which affects display orientation and causes a black image to appear on the screen.
- We fixed an issue that causes print failures when a low integrity level (LowIL) application prints to a null port.
- We fixed an issue that prevents BitLocker from encrypting when you use the silent encryption option.
- We fixed an issue that leads to a false negative when you run scripts while Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) is turned on. This might cause AppLocker events 8029, 8028, or 8037 to appear in the log when they should not .
- We fixed an issue that occurs when you apply multiple WDAC policies. Doing that might prevent scripts from running when the policies allow scripts to run.
- We fixed an issue that affects the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) driver, which might increase the system’s startup time.
- We fixed an issue that might cause the Remote Desktop client application to stop working when you end a session.
- We fixed an issue that affects the behavior and shape orientation of a mouse cursor for Microsoft Defender Application Guard (MDAG), Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Edge. This issue occurs when you turn on a virtual graphics processing unit (GPU).
- We fixed an issue that causes Widgets to appear on the wrong monitor when you hover over the Widgets icon on the taskbar.
- We added animation to the Widgets icon when you click or tap the icon and the taskbar is aligned on the left.
- We fixed an issue that affects the rendering of the default Widgets icon on a taskbar that is aligned in the center.
- We fixed an issue that causes blurry app icons in Search results when the display’s dots per inch (dpi) scaling is greater than 100%.
- We fixed an issue that causes file copying to be slower because of a wrong calculation of write buffers within cache manager.
- We fixed an issue that might cause a system to stop responding when a user signs out if Microsoft OneDrive is in use.
- We fixed a known issue that might prevent recovery discs (CD or DVD) from starting if you created them using the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) app in Control Panel. This issue occurs after installing Windows updates released January 11, 2022 or later.
Windows Insider Program Team
3 advantages of composable applications to empower supply chain network innovations
Manufacturing supply chains are experiencing a post-pandemic paradigm shift. As business models evolve to solve market disruptions, such as changing or adding direct-to-consumer (D2C) to a business-to-business (B2B) model, supply chains require agility and innovation to build resiliency and stay ahead of trends. United States D2C e-commerce sales have more than tripled in the past…
Manufacturing supply chains are experiencing a post-pandemic paradigm shift. As business models evolve to solve market disruptions, such as changing or adding direct-to-consumer (D2C) to a business-to-business (B2B) model, supply chains require agility and innovation to build resiliency and stay ahead of trends. United States D2C e-commerce sales have more than tripled in the past six years. 1 The market gained almost $100 billion in about half a decade from 2016 to 2021. It is expected to grow by nearly another $100 billion in the next three years, reaching $212.90 billion by 2024.1 With added supply chain complexities, including D2C, B2B, and advanced last-mile delivery bots, drones, and self-driving vehicles, manufacturers need strategies that go beyond cost reduction and can easily scale across the network. Supply chain networks able to scale their ecosystems will gain a competitive advantage, and the intelligent solutions to achieve this are composable and modular business applications.
Composable business applications are cloud-based technologies that provide unlimited scalability. They seamlessly integrate with other applications and are easy to use through a low-code or no-code interface. This composability allows organizations to combine different modular applications in an incremental and agile way through rapid sprints instead of embarking on time-consuming and costly rip-and-replace projects. Therefore, reach faster impact regardless of where manufacturers might be in their digital supply chain transformation journey.
The effectiveness of organizations’ digital supply chain in orchestrating supplier and fulfillment partnerships to meet anticipated customer demand determines the quality of the customer experience, as outlined in our on-demand webinar: A Smart Approach to Supply Chain Resilience Using Intelligent Order Management, featuring George Lawrie, Forrester Vice President and Principal Analyst.
To summarize, composability makes supply chain network innovation possible, as highlighted in the three advantages below.
1. Modern open platforms pave the way for innovation
Recent years show that siloed data has no place in today’s supply chain network. Traditional networks support predictable environments, which are no longer the case with current market dynamics. From raw material shortages to non-traditional emerging channels, supply chain networks require agility that extends to all stakeholders and foster fluid collaboration.
According to a Forrester report, platforms make it easier to assemble complex technology portfolios across a range of packaging alternatives, leveraging modular components while allowing for customization and custom development.2
Composable and modular business applications seamlessly integrate with existing enterprise systems with modern open platforms and low-code/no-code interfaces. In addition, they support innovative features such as predictive analytics or agile manufacturing for real-time and cross-channel inventory visibility. They also enable manufacturers to enhance network strategies and allow rapid deployment of digital supply chain control towers —another advantage of composability.
2. End-to-end visibility to scale supply chain networks
Improving the customer experience is a top priority for many organizations. However, during the COVID-19 pandemic, we saw customer loyalty easily swayed. This trend gave new brand entrants a foothold into e-commerce and catalyzed many established brands to engage D2C to maintain market share. Similarly, the rise of the omnichannel’s ease of purchasing, delivery, and return options has set high customer expectations and introduced new buying behaviors. These dynamics present significant risks as ongoing supply chain disruptions continue. But extensible composable tools arm the supply chain network with another advantage: the digital control tower with end-to-end visibility to anticipate and mitigate order management turmoil.
According to a Forrester survey, the most common planned improvement (49 percent) retailers and CPG companies are making, is better visibility across the supply chain (from factories to raw materials suppliers).3 Consumer packaged goods (CPG) manufacturers with newly launched D2C business models recognize that complete visibility is essential for favorable customer experiences.
Digital supply chain control towers take real-time data from multiple supply chain network workloads and provide a holistic, multi-dimensional view. The partnership with FedEx and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for the cross-platform, logistics-as-a-service solution for brands exemplifies these capabilities, offering features like a seamless return experience and transportation optimization to proactively avoid delivery delays. Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management also allows organizations to set up the first step to incrementally build a composable digital supply chain platform with different module solutions for end-to-end visibility and deliver highly valued unified customer experiences.
3. Composability with AI drives actionable insights
Finally, composable business applications enable optimization at each node level letting manufacturers know where opportunities exist. Composable business applications give manufacturers advantages that are counterintuitive to previous assumptions. Advanced analytics powered by built-in AI and machine learning capabilities allow manufacturers to test hypotheses with predictive data-driven outcomes.
A Forrester survey shows that 56 percent of respondents report that one of the most important aspects of supply chain agility is increasing the use of machine learning and AI to drive process automation.3
An innovative supply chain network leverages composable digital tools with embedded AI and machine learning to improve decision-making, unify disparate data, foresee disruptions, and utilize deeper insights.
To start building composability in your supply chain network watch the video:
Achieve more with agile and resilient supply chains
Dynamics 365 innovates supply chain networks, making them resilient and sustainable through composability. These intelligent solutions work seamlessly with enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) systems to respond to market dynamics quickly and integrate with many market-leading API-enabled applications. Pre-built connectors extend business capabilities through an ecosystem of specialized partners for order delivery, tax compliance, price calculations, transportation, and other logistics services. Plus, users can easily create rules and quickly configure order flows to adapt to changing market conditions or scale to support peak volume demands with an easy-to-use low-code/no-code interface.
By enabling these capabilities, manufacturers can accelerate the digital transformation of their order management process and turn order fulfillment into a competitive advantage. Users can also automate and optimize fulfillment using AI to create real-time inventory visibility and extend into a digital control tower for end-to-end network visibility.
At Microsoft, we are committed to empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. With our next-generation digital supply chain applications, manufacturers can leverage composability to drive innovation across their supply chain networks. See how they can innovate yours in the on-demand webinar: A Smart Approach to Supply Chain Resilience Using Intelligent Order Management.
3- Forrester, 2021. The Digital Commerce Imperative. A commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Microsoft.
Enjoy a warm cup of trends for International Tea Day
ROOKIE Racing and TOM’S SPIRIT Announce Team Setups for Super Taikyu Series Fuji 24 Hours Race | Corporate | Global Newsroom
Protecting Android users from 0-Day attacks
Build a cold start time series forecasting engine using AutoGluon
AWS Local Zones Are Now Open in Las Vegas, New York City, and Portland
Use deep learning frameworks natively in Amazon SageMaker Processing
Amazon3 months ago
Build a cold start time series forecasting engine using AutoGluon
Amazon7 months ago
AWS Local Zones Are Now Open in Las Vegas, New York City, and Portland
Amazon5 months ago
Use deep learning frameworks natively in Amazon SageMaker Processing
Amazon11 months ago
Build accurate ML training datasets using point-in-time queries with Amazon SageMaker Feature Store and Apache Spark